Saturday, January 13, 2007

January Gypsy Smith School

For me (Wes), this month was a very special Gypsy Smith School. One reason was the number of students jumped drastically since the past two times. In the previous two sessions we only had nine, but this time we had 22 students! In no way am I trying to play the numbers game, but 25 is our goal and 22 is closer to the average attendance historially. So, this month was a real encouragement.

Students and Professors

What also made this month's session special was our professors. T Thomas, Coordinator for CBF of Oklahoma and founder of the Gypsy Smith School and initiator of CBF's work with and among Gypsies taught Evangelism, while Rusty Brock, pastor of Northwest Baptist Church in Ardmore, OK taught The Passion Narratives. Susan and I always look forward to spending time with the students and professors over the course of the week. Sandu, church administrator in Bolintin (a small city near Bucharest) graduated this month. He has become a dear friend and I'm thankful that even though he won't be coming back I'll still be able to see him monthly at his church. Overall, the students and professors really enjoyed themselves. It was good to hear so much laughter, interaction, and clapping coming from the classroom. The whole week the students had smiles on their faces and were in high spirits. I'm confident they all left encouraged and further equipped for ministry. Praise be to God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an exciting experience! Wes, I know it thrilled you to be able to minister this way.

Tammy said...

Wes, good news about the attendance. Looks like it was a great week. Can't wait to hear more details at our meeting.