Thursday, May 29, 2008

Champions Evening

And by Champions we mean one team of Romanian football (soccer) champions, past and present, and one team of World Champions playing at a charity football event for a Romanian foundation. 


Official Website

We were invited to attend by Sorin (associate pastor) and some of his colleagues at the Baptist Seminary. Having never been to a European football game and eager to do so, we jumped at the invite. 

Being a charity event it wasn't as intense or competitive but just as much fun. We had excellent seats right in the middle and behind the dugout, or whatever you call it in soccer. The music was loud, the energy even louder and we even had a few rounds of the "wave." The world stars won 5-2, but the Romanian stars had some celebrity comebacks that was enough to keep the crowd excited. 

Even though I know little about soccer and  may not be an official fan, it was a fun night and quite an experience. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I don't know soccer either but I'm sure I would have been caught up in the excitement.