Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Piata Vitan

I love shopping for produce in the market! There is a market down the street from where we live with the most beautiful and fresh produce. It is called Piata Vitan (pee-ought-suh vee-tawn). I went there today to buy some items for dinner and I am always amazed at how cheap the food is. Here was my shopping list:

1/4 kg (1/2 lb) Feta Cheese: 3.10 LEI = $1.11
4 cucumbers: 1.00 LEI = $0.36
4 tomatoes: 3.00 LEI = $1.08
1 onion: 0.60 LEI = $0.22
1 garlic bulb: 1.00 LEI = $0.36

TOTAL = $3.13

That to me is cheap! I love it! It really makes me want to buy fruits and vegetables and cook. -Susan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds good... you may turn out to be the cook in the family.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Those fresh fruits & veggies sound good. Glad you are able to get them. Hope your past weekend went great. Love Ya! Grandmother