Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

We typically do not do much to celebrate Valentine's Day. We exchange words of appreciation for one another and then have a nice dinner somewhere. We save the cards and gift-giving for our anniversary. Its not that we are V-day Scrooges, but we just don't get wrapped in all the "hallmark" aspects of this day. 


However, when we heard that the church was putting on a V-day dinner for all the couples, we knew we didn't want to miss that. As you will hear in the next months, time is coming soon for us to leave and we want to spend as much time as we can with our romanian friends. 

On Saturday night we spent the evening with church members celebrating Valentine's Day. It was really nice and special. I am glad we were able to go. And then, we ended the evening with "I love you." 


1 comment:

From East Texas to the Far East said...

I agree with not getting into the whole "Hallmark" hoopla! Miss you and ready to see you home!!