
With only 2 months remaining, it is starting to sink in that we wont be here much longer. We are trying to take advantage of all the things we wont get to do once we return to the States. If there is something we want to do, we just do it instead of letting life and excuses get in the way. In one week's time I went to the movies with my best Romanian friend Anca, scouted out new markets and had dinner with a new couple from the church. The favorite part of my week was my afternoon at the park on Saturday.
Spring is finally here and if you couldn't tell by the temperatures and sun, just go to the park and see all the people enjoying the sun and being out of their apartments that they have been confined to for 3 months. We don't exactly live near the park, but we aren't far either. With only weeks left and the first signs of Spring here I decided to go to the park. Not just any park, but one I have been wanting to go to since I arrived. I don't know why I never went before. I guess I just always found a reason or something else got in the way. I spent the afternoon watching the people, with their rollerblades and strollers, kids playing soccer and families enjoying the park together. I sat for a few hours, read a book and even tried to soak up the sun. It was relaxing and enjoyable.
The mission has been set and that it is to enjoy as much of Bucharest that we can before our departure. It will be a bitter-sweet goodbye to this wonderful country!
2 comments:
Love the picture... Sorry we didn't see things like that when we were there.
Make the most of your time and make many memories!
aaaahhh, I wish I was enjoying it with you!!!
Post a Comment